- Category: System Utilities
- Published on Sunday, 12 July 2015 23:34
- Written by Christian Dunn
Are you looking for a desktop shortcut manager? Or would you just like a virtual ipad on your desktop?
WinPad is a rainmeter skin designed to look and feel like an iOS 6 iPad but runs entirely in RainMeter on Windows and includes some virtual apps and also launches Windows apps.
Rainmeter displays customizable skins, like memory and battery power, RSS feeds and weather forecasts, right on your desktop. Many skins are even functional: they can record your notes and to-do lists, launch your favorite applications, and control your media player - all in a clean, unobtrusive interface that you can rearrange and customize to your liking.
WinPad is not a full working iPad replica and cannot run iOS apps. It is a customizable skin prototype designed to demonstrate the potential in the RainMeter framework, provide a fun desktop shortcut manager and I hope is a good basis for others to continue extending and developing this skin.
- Real clock and battery charge indicator in home screen toolbar
- Working Power, Volume Up, Volume Down, Home buttons
- World Clock application can display clocks for up to 6 different timezones (configurable)
- Notes application allows adding, editing, deleting notes
- Settings application provides access to common windows Control Panel features
- Facetime icon launches Skype for Windows
- YouTube icon launches YouTube website
- Maps icon launches Google Maps in default browser
- AppStore, iTunes icons launch iTunes for Windows
- Safari icon launches Internet Explorer
- Mail icon launches Outlook
- Video, Music and Photos applications show 10 items per page of files from the relevant folders in the current user profile. Clicking on listed items will open them and the right click menu will work on any item for other actions.
To install this skin install RainMeter first, then download and run the WinPad skin.
Download the WinPad Skin below!